Multiple Oscar winner. Box office champion. Bosum Buddy. And now…LAMBcast Career Draft subject. You’re welcome, Tom Hanks!
One thing I can say for sure is that, despite starring in fewer films overall (and I’m probably stating the obvious here), Hanks’ career – or at least 30 films’ worth of it – is vastly better than that of our last draft subject, Bruce Willis. In that draft, I think the participants were cursing the available choices come the fourth round or so, but I think it’s fair to say that most of us wouldn’t mind (all that much) watching any given film from even the sixth round of Hanks’ career.
Nolahn took the hosting reins for this episode, and was joined by Nick, Todd, Jay and Dylan.
Of course, what would the draft be without you, the audience, picking who you thought came away with the best “team?”
Just for posterity, here were the films cut from each team – listen to the episode to hear the reasoning behind the cuts:
Nick: The DaVince Code
Jay: Charlie Wilson’s War
Todd: The Ladykillers
Nolahn: The Terminal
Dylan: You’ve Got Mail
Also on tap:
* Rants and Raves of the Week
* Name That Film Times Five (tentatively titled)
A few notes:
* The show can be found, of course, via iTunes – just do a search for “LAMBcast.” Also, I always post a link to the show on the LAMBcast’s Facebook page, and there’s a player there if you’d like to listen online. The direct RSS feed is: http://lambcast.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
* Shows will eventually make their way to the LAMBcast Archives. If you’d ever like to catch up on back episodes, go there.
* If you’re interested, you too can be a LAMBcaster – we love new blood! For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums. Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. Opening song by Cake. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too – if you’d like yours read on a future show, leave it in the comments section at the LAMB. Please visit and like our Facebook page, and finally, we’re on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it’s a bad one.
Thanks for listening!